The Tea Lady

The Tea Lady
Lena travelling the world

Thursday, February 25, 2010

First night in Bali

Wow, I had to wake up early, before the sun came up, the whole barn yard woke the entire village up! Here there is more than just roosters waking you up, but it is good, I want to wake up early and I dont feel tired at all, even after being up for 2 days and a night of sleep disturb by some weird animal noise, that sounded like he wanted to come in my room. The tricky part was to go to the bathroom in the pitch dark, the electricity dont seem to work upstairs, and going down those narrow wood stairs, thankfully I had a flashlight, and there was no big Iguana in my bathroom. I really feel like I slept in the jungle, the bedroom upstairs and the trees and greenery is all around, with birds and I guess they have some nocturnal birds. I will have to explore in the morning to see what is the waterfall that I hear. I really felt like a princess in that nice bed with the white screen around me, the bed was surprisely comfortable, and most important, a have a good pillow. Waking up was special, I look out the window,it is so cute where my little house is, it's like a private compound with two houses, a garden, private entrance with a nice statue and a little creek with fishes.The hibicus flowers are close to my reach, from my windows. I officially met my neighbor, who is even more handson than I thought! He is from Europe and I did not ask from where. But what I relief, he is not the kind of man that will be bothering me or coming on to me, he is shy and private and that suits me perfect! I had the most delicious breakfast I have had in a long time, even if I am just coming back from the Caribean islands.The fresh juice and fruits, with a good coffee, well at least it taste good, the slurp at the bottom of my coffee pot, resembles more mud than coffee! But I had fresh boiled eggs, my cravings for eggs are now over,for some reason I was craving eggs! I don't eat eggs often, specially in the morning, I find them too rich. The humidity here, is so high, your stomach can not eat a lot, I am hungry, which is uncommon for me! I had a small breakfast and it is perfect. This morning I will have to venture out of my compound into the busy streets of Ubud, to go find batteries and change some money. I will visit the market which is just around the corner.I will also book some spa treatment, here for 6 hours of spa treatment it cost $120.00. Back home you only get one massage for that price! For those of you, that don't know me, and are reading my blog for the first time, yes you will encounter some spelling mistakes on my part, I am self taugh in English, so orthograph is not my cup of tea! It was strange loggin on to my blog, everything was in Balinese, so my first word I learn is Masuk which means connect!