The Tea Lady

The Tea Lady
Lena travelling the world

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Magical Bali

I left the 23rd and arrive on the 25th, what I long trip. We made a refuel stop in Alaska, unfortunately I saw nothing,other than they really have snow there! it was two am, so we saw nothing on the way in or out. Arrived in Taipei in time. I had enough time to browse through the shops for teaware and tea. Taiwan is the king of Oolongs. I had to restrain myself for not buying all the cute teaware they have for my gung fu set. After being gone so long, I was hoping to find an egg sandwich or something normal for breakfast. You should off seen there face when I ask for eggs, it is like something they know but for them you dont eat it! When I arrive in Bali, I met a lady from Quebec, this is her 5th trip to Bali. We split the taxi fare and I went to see the hotel she is staying at, and for $30.00 a night it is a pretty good room, so I reserve for my room for next week. When I arrived at Ubud Sari, I was please to see that it is away from the busy street of Ubud, we are in a quiet area, on a cul de sac. This place is magical, it is so cool and unique. I have this tiny cute zen cottage, on two floor. Influence by Japanese design. Downstairs I have a table with a cushion just like the Japanese do and a Tatami mat.The room where the bathroom is actually outside in the open air, it is pretty cool. I have to walk on pebbles in order to take my shower. It is pretty cool except in the middle of the night, I worry with encounters with creepers! In the middle of the night, I woke to some strange noise, and whatever it was, sounded like it wanted to come in. I slept with the windows all open, maybe because we are not near the ocean, there is no breeze, but I rather chase away a few lezards than sleeping in sufficating air. There is a little deck that I walk over, to get to my cottage, underneath is water, and those big Koi fish. The restaurant is not only vegetarian but only serves raw food. I had the most delicious diner and so perfect, after this kind of long voyage!
Next to my cottage, there is another one with a cute man, who strangly seems to be here for the same reasons I am, he as books all over his tables and works all day at the table. I just dont know how I will be able to sit for hours here, it is so hot and damp, the heat here, is very different. It is kind of weird, he is in his little house and I can see eveything he does and he can see everything I do and since I am not here to find a man, I have not try to say hi, but I feel I am on a different planet here. This is it, the magic is truly here and I already feel like I will not want to return. Everywhere you walk, the plants they grow for food and the flowers are just so fragrant and so unique, your nose is constantly pleasantly sniffing! I have a tree near my door, which the flowers resemble the stephanotis flowers, but it smells like cherry bubble gum!Very delightful aromas and sounds all around me. I sometime jump, when a koi jumps out of the water it is so quiet.