The Tea Lady

The Tea Lady
Lena travelling the world

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Nirvana

I think there is no better word to describe today! Coincidently, a Buddhism word. After writing for hours, because here the day starts before the rise of the sun! At noon, I felt like it was 4 o’clock! At 1:00pm I went for my 4 hours of spa treatment. I have received a lot of massages in my life and from various part of the world. Today was the best massage ever, and she was so tiny, I cannot believe she had that kind of strength. I recently was in the most beautiful spa, I ever seen while staying at the Moon Palace. This was very basic, certainly no luxury here, simplicity is the rule. Any snob would walk away. But the room I am in, does not need luxury, it has the beauty of nature. A big arch with no enclosure, is over looking at the river, flowing by. The birds and the gecko are the background music, better than any CD I could buy. At her very first touch, I knew I was in for my money. I thought she would tell me, like all the others, my shoulders are so tight, indeed, my shoulders are always tight, this is where we carry the weight of our daily lives, Should do this, should do that;shoulder! Nope, she said nothing, but I could hear the muscles crunching, and the flow of energy finally getting through. Often, I came close, to scream, but strangely the pain would go away really fast. She does every little nook and cranny of my body, well, except for the private parts. But every indent of my toes, my fingers, my ears, nothing is left untouched! Followed, by an herbal body scrub, with rice powder and essential oils. Than, we walked to another hut, with a therapeutic bath. The jets were very powerful. My skin feels so soft, that it is surreal! Than it is the mud wrap, followed by heated blanket. I am sure reach the point near fever temperature! I almost made it to the 25 minutes, but at 22 minutes, I could feel that my blood pressure was building up, and my very sensitive body, was not hot anymore but burning! I smelt like fish and thought, it is sad to do the seaweed wrap after the massage, because I smelt so good after the massage! That cold shower felt better than any other cold shower I have had since I arrive. Not that we don’t have hot shower, it is simply too hot to have a hot shower, and a cold shower is much better for your skin! Then, she took me to another building, and I had the best facial ever. She gave me the massage, that I couldn”t find anyone back home, to do. This massage, is the answer to anti-aging, she presses on the marma points and massages the skin and neck. I asked her where she learned this technique, and her answer was quite the surprise for me. I might have a story just about that, you will have to see and wait, if I manage to meet that person, I will explain in details, why it is amazing. After, all this time being pamper, my stomach is really starting to get noisy . Included was a spa lunch, that was so delicious! I had a salad made with coconut noodles, lime and lettuce. An onion soup, which, was to my surprise, hot! Followed by a nice fresh juice of watermelon and passion fruit. All this for $70.00. The 4 million dollars spa I was recently, did not even came close, in comparison with the quality of the services. We paid $120.00 us each for a treatment that as soon as they had apply the mud, 5 minutes later they sent us in the shower to wash it off, not to mention, we didn’t even get a massage after or before the wrap.
And as I am writing this blog, I have company. My house is really like a little Japanese house, with the typical doors that slide and the building is surrounded by water with fishes. To my right, there is also a sliding door and I can see the water and on its edge, sits a big toad serenading like no tomorrow. I can see the muscle of his mouth filling up with air, as he signs, and the kois for some reason are all excited tonight, they are jumping so high, I can see them jump in my window. At the spa today, I found out what was that noise that wakes me up every night, it’s a gecko! I have seen lots of gecko but these one make a different noise, it is almost like a squirrel. I am happy to find out it is a gecko, this means he is looking after catching all the creepy things that might come in my open air bedroom! I guess the treatment were very powerful, for the first time since I arrived, I had to have a nap. Boy, does it ever feels good to live at this kind of pace!